Dear Allergy Shot Patients,
Please take a few minutes to read our previous blog post regarding the Coronavirus pandemic and our general clinic procotocols. We are writing this separate blog to our Allergy Shot patients to provide you with an update on our hours of operation and allergy shot protocols:
- We will continue to provide allergy shots to our patients during normal business hours, until otherwise mandated by our government to close the office.
- Please remain at home and DO NOT get your allergy shots if you have any of the following:
- Fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or flu-like symptoms
- You may return for your shots 48-hours after your symptoms go away.
- RISK FACTORS:
- Traveled from outside the United States, or by air travel from within the United States within the past 14 days.
- Contact with anyone who traveled within the past 14 days.
- Contact with known or suspected coronavirus patients?
- You may return for your shots 14-days after your travels or last known contact, provided that you remain asymptomatic.
- When you arrive at the office, you should check-in verbally with the front office. There will be no physical or computer sign-in. You may also call to “check-in” via telephone. You may elect to stay in your car while you wait, and we will call your cell phone when your shots are ready.
- During the 20-minute waiting period after your shots, you have the option to remain in our waiting room (6-feet from other patients), outside on the patio, or in your car. You will still be required to check-out with the shot nurse at the end of the 20-minutes.
We realize this process may prolong your wait times, but we appreciate your understanding as we do our part to reduce the spread of the novel Coronavirus.
Please call our office if you have any questions.
Your Team at The Song Institute of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology